IMPORTANT NOTIFICATIONS FOR YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS:
· Please retain proof of purchase. For instance, receipt or online order number.
· The benefits we give in this manufacturer’s warranty are additional to any rights and remedies that you may have under local consumer protection laws. Nothing in this warranty limits or affects your legal rights.
· This manufacturer’s warranty is governed by the laws of the region or country in which you purchased your Meross product. Consumers have rights under local consumer laws. Those consumer rights may differ between countries, regions, states and provinces, and often cannot be excluded. Your local consumer rights organization can advise you on your legal rights.
· This manufacturer’s warranty is not intended to: change or exclude any rights under consumer law that cannot be lawfully changed or excluded; · limit or exclude any right you have against the person who sold the Meross product to you if that person has breached their sales contract with you.
Chengdu Meross Technology Co., Ltd. (“Meross”) provides a limited warranty on all eligible Meross products. Meross warrants that the product hardware (including firmware in it) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use during the Warranty Period described below. This means that the product won’t be defective, and that it will look and work as advertised during the relevant period.
The limited warranty covers failures due to defects in material or workmanship on product. Packaging, software products and technical data are not covered under this limited warranty. Proof of purchase is required to receive any services guaranteed as part of this limited warranty. The limited warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser of the product. The limited warranty does not apply products that were sold or resold by unauthorized resellers.
Meross does not provide refunds under this limited warranty in any conditions. Meross will replace defective units with new or factory refurbished products. If the defective unit Is discontinued, end of life, or out of stock, Meross will replace it with product(s) of equivalent value or features. Product warranty periods do not renew with replacement units. The original purchase date and warranty period will apply to replacement products.
The Warranty Period begins on the date the product was purchased by the original end-user purchaser and lasts for the period set out in the table below:
Note: If the purchased product is smart device, it will automatically count down for 1 year since its activation. If the purchased product is not smart device and consumers don’t want to keep the receipt or are afraid of losing it. Consumer can sign up here to ensure 1-year warranty.
This warranty does not apply if:
· the product has been tampered with or the assembly seal has been removed or damaged;
· the product has been altered or modified by someone other than Meross;
· the warranty claim was made fraudulently or by misrepresentation;
· the product was not installed, operated, repaired, or maintained in accordance with instructions offered by Meross in user manual and app;
· the product has been subjected to abnormal physical or electrical stress, misuse, negligence, or accident;
· the product was supplied or licensed for beta, evaluation, testing or demonstration purposes, and you didn’t buy or license the product. If proof of purchase can't be provided, a warranty period start date may be assigned by Meross. Meross is not responsible for any damages that may occur during shipping. Meross has no obligation to replace any products that are no longer covered under warranty.
If purchased product is found to be defective and is still covered under this warranty policy, customer may have a replacement processed by steps listed below:
· Send e-mails to email@example.com to claim a problem found and offer device details including purchase date proof;
· Wait for the customer service to reply;
· Follow steps provided by the customer service;
IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS WHERE IT CAN LAWFULLY DO SO, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MEROSS, ITS RESELLERS AND ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCEPTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO DATA, LACK OF VIRUSES OR FREE FROM VIRUS OR MALWARE ATTACK, SECURITY, PERFORMANCE, LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE PRODUCT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT WILL GENERATE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY RESULTS, INFORMATION, MATERIAL OR DATA. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY MEROSS, A DEALER, AGENT OR AFFILIATE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. TO THE EXTENT WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED OR EXCLUDED, THEY ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE RELEVANT EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIOD. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MEROSS, ITS AFFILIATES, ASSOCIATES, DEALERS, AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR LOSS OF ABILITY TO USE ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER), REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABLITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF MEROSS OR SUCH OTHER ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF MEROSS, ITS AFFILIATES, ASSOCIATES, DEALERS, AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES EXCEED THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT. THIS LIMITATION IS CUMULATIVE AND WILL NOT BE INCREASED BY THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE INCIDENT OR CLAIM. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY WARRANTY OR REMEDY PROVIDED FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL LIMIT THE LIABILITY OF MEROSS IN RELATION TO DEATH OR BODILY INJURIES. THE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE EXCLUSIVE, AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired. Meross reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to interpret, modify and amend this warranty policy at any time.